How to completely uninstall W3 Total Cache plugin
W3 Total Cache is the best cache plugin for WordPress sites. It has rich features such as Minify, Database Cache, Object cache, Cloudflare & CDN support etc. Which is not available in WP Super Cache & Zen Cache lite/ Comet cache lite (Quick Cache). You can feel power of cache with W3-Total-Cache. but some times it breaks your site. If properly not configure. So if you are facing any problem with w3 total cache. Or you want to completely uninstall it., then follow these easy steps.
How to fully remove W3 Total Cache Plugin?
- Go to Performance & click on general setting from this.
- Now uncheck all check box – Page Cache, Minify, Database cache, Object cache & browser cache.
- Click on Save all settings.
When will you uncheck these option, then all codes in htaccess file and wp-config file will be automatically removed. Otherwise you will need to remove these code manually.
- Now click on Plugins option from the left & click on Deactivate option of W3 Total Cache.
- You have successfully deactivated W3 Total Cache plugin. Now click on Delete to delete W3 total cache plugin.
- On next screen you will see confirmation screen to remove W3 Total cache plugin click on Yes, delete these files button.
Now W3 Total cache has been successfully removed from your WordPress site. But some files and folders are left, that you will have to delete manually.
When you install this plugin on your WordPress site then it install-
All Files in-
Cache Files in-
- In Htaccess file-
- In WP-config file-
- To delete these files & folder, Login to your CPanel account>>Click on file manager>>Go to WP-content folder.
- In WP-content folder delete Cache folder & W3tc-config file.
Now you have successfully removed W3-Total-Cache Plugin.